Following our Ofsted inspection in October 2009 the school is keen to move forward and to improve the learning opportunities for all of our children. This school year we shall be focusing upon:
To improve standards at KS1 and KS2
1. Use the assessments we make in the lesson to guide the next lesson.
2. Give the children feedback on how they can improve their work.
3. Set challenging targets with the children on what they need to achieve next.
To improve teaching and learning
1. Plan and deliver good lessons.
2. Plan lessons linked to what the children need to learn next.
3. Teach lessons that involve and challenge the children.
4. Use all of the adults in class to best effect.
5. Make the learning in lessons exciting and build on what the children know.
To improve Leadership
1. Monitor learning to make sure that the children are making good progress.
2. Make sure that all staff know what they are responsible for.
3. Improve the Governor's role so that they make sure that the school makes good progress.
As children we will:
1. Listen carefully in lessons so we learn well.
2. Always do our best.
3. Take pride in the presentation of our work.
As parents we will support our children in reaching their potential.