Free School Meals Criteria
Changes to free school meal eligibility under roll out of new benefit - Universal Credit
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for Free School Meals. Once you have registered your child will continue to receive free school meals until the end of Universal Credit rollout in March 2022 even if you start working or your circumstances change. This applies to all children who are already receiving free school meals now.
We need every parent to apply who is entitled – you will then be helping the school to raise extra funds - £1,320 for every child – please take the time to apply and support your school – extra funding means extra support for our children.
Your child is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (your net earned income is your household income after taxes and deduction – it does not included income through Universal Credit or other benefits that you may receive)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no working tax credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, please visit: www.coventry.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals and apply online. The application form is very simple to complete. If you need any help completing the form on-line we can help you, please ask at the school office. You will need to bring your National Insurance number with you.
The information you provide will be used to check if you are eligible. You can claim free school meals even if you do not intend to use them or if your child already receives free school meals because they are in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2.
If you have any further queries please contact the free school meals team on:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 024 7683 3773 or visit them at the Customer Services in the City centre (next to River Island) Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.